The farmhouse dates back to early 1700 in the period in which the "Spedale Santa Maria della Scala" in Siena covered a crucial role in the care and acceptance of the Pilgrims who traveled to Rome or the Francigena to Santiago de Compostela. The pilgrims traveled about 25 miles a day on foot, so they had great need of refreshment, and for the most debilitated to be treated. Sprang up along the way many shelters for pilgrims, owned by the "Hospital". Spagliardi was one of these admissions, we used to think the change of horses, as there is a cistern to collect rain water back to the same period. In 1864 the small building of yellow stone that we can still see inside of the front is extended with white travertine stone, and becomes a great house. The ground floor used as stables and the first floor was used as a home for coloni.Intorno a chicken coop, a barn and other small farm buildings.